Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 6

Day 6 is now complete -- only 4 more days to go!

For breakfast today, I tried to have some quinoa "oatmeal." Although I'm not supposed to have dairy, I finished the quinoa off with a little bit of fat free half-and-half. It was NOT very successful... It just wasn't sweet enough to consider it "oatmeal." Luckily I only had a small amount to eat. I found out tonight, however, that I can eat normal quick-cooking oats. Apparently they are gluten-free. Who knew?! Also, although I can't use any added sugars or sweeteners, I CAN use Agave Nectar, which has a very low glycemic index so it does not spike the blood sugar. Usually, when I make oatmeal, I use 100% Maple Syrup (not the fake kind - the REAL kind). I was informed tonight that Agave Nectar can be used to do the same thing. SWEET! (hehe) Also, I can drink ALMOND milk, so I can use that to cream-up my oatmeal a little bit. I am definitely going to be making this tomorrow for breakfast!!!!

I had sunny-side up eggs for breakfast this morning. Some people get bored of eating eggs for breakfast every day, but for me, the way they're prepared makes it seem like a completely different food for me. I often eat scrambled eggs. That's easy. When I'm getting bored of scrambled, I change it up by doing poached - which I FAILED at last week - or sunny-side up/over easy. This gives a completely different taste, because there's a clear difference between the egg whites and the creamy, runny egg yolk. I LOVE runny yolks. The eggs this morning went MUCH better than the poached ones did last week! Take a look!



You can also see the soccer-game oranges on the left and the spark on the upper right. The "oatmeal" was still cooking at this point. Ugh.

Breakfast was late again today, so lunch got a little screwy. I had fruits for snacks today - banana, grapes, etc. - and had a tomato and cucumber salad for lunch. This was simply chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, italian seasoning, and I cheated again with the dairy and added a TEENY bit of parmesan cheese.

Dinner tonight was baked chicken with broccoli and brown rice, all with a bit of soy sauce. Yum. My mom asked me today, "aren't you sick of chicken and vegetables?" Argh.

Tonight at the grocery store I got some sweet potatoes to make some breakfast hash and have some baked potatoes with dinners, and some spaghetti squash and organic, gluten free, dairy free pasta sauce to change things up a bit. The sauce is "Grandpa's Sauce gone Vegetarian." Hehe.

Still feeling very stuffy - hoping this goes away. While I was running today, the stuffiness went away totally. The second I stopped running, it came back. UGH.

Tomorrow is one more day where I get to skip the fiber drink. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday finishes up the last 3, ugh. I found out tonight that I should try mixing some Spark in with it to make it taste better. I got a few packets of a Pink Lemonade Spark. I tried it tonight, REALLY good, so hopefully that helps make the fiber drink more bearable.

Long day tomorrow - here's to a happy monday!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment