Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 5

Day 5 completed

Today was a little different than the past 4 days have been, mostly because it was a weekend. YAY!

Firstly, I'll start off by saying I feel like I got hit with a bus ... out of no where, a cold came on yesterday that has left me really congested, and the amount of pressure I have in my sinuses and head is unbelievable. I'm still not sure if all the little headaches I got the first few days were just this cold coming on. Who knows.

I started out the "morning" at about 11:30, and had a Spark to wake me up for breakfast. I tried a new recipe today, since I had a little more time on my hands than I usually do in the mornings. What I had are "pancakes," which sound so incredibly illegal for the cleanse portion, but they were not!



These gluten free, low calorie "pancakes" were so simple - it is just one mashed ripe banana mixed with two beaten eggs. THAT'S IT! As I was mixing it up, I was thinking to myself, "this isn't going to turn out as good as they looked." I was proven wrong, however, when I found that they did in fact fry like normal pancakes, with a very similar consistency. From one medium banana and two eggs, I got two decent sized pancakes out of it. I sliced up some strawberries, microwaved them for about 1 minute to get them warm and melty, and served them on top. This was a GREAT breakfast! I definitely will be trying it again.

I had a class for soccer today, and was in a classroom for 3 hours straight. I brought some almonds and some grapes to snack on, as well as my orange that I didn't eat at breakfast.

The evening was weird because I had a game at Blue Cross Arena that started at 7:00. I had to be there at 5:30, which is just awkward for eating. Usually, the crew after the game goes to eat at Dinosaur BBQ since it's a block down the road, and I usually spend 3/5 of my game fee from the night on a pulled pork sandwich. I knew I didn't want to go to Dino, because I didn't want to be tempted, but also didn't want to be the weirdo sitting eating nothing. I planned ahead.

Since I recently found out that I am permitted to eat brown rice and beans, I decided to splurge... and I got CHIPOTLE.


I love Chipotle, always... it's one of mine and Matt's favorites. Their burritos are the BEST, and their salads are great as well. I also went through a phase of getting a kids meal there. It's a great deal - for less than 5 bucks you can get a fairly small chicken-and-cheese quesadilla, with a side of rice, beans, a small drink, and a small bag of chips. GREAT DEAL, filling (for me at least), and also is a delicious sampler of everything. I also like the fact that they use organic grass-fed meat, etc. It felt guilty, but it wasn't really that guilty! I got a salad with brown rice, black beans (the pinto beans are cooked with bacon), chicken, with some medium salsa (just for the tomatoes), and medium salsa (which is a nice kick). I usually get the medium corn salsa, but I can't eat corn. No biggie. The salad was DELICIOUS. I had to give up the sour cream and cheese that I usually get, and also wasn't about to spend $3 adding guacamole just for its healthy fat benefits. Although this meal was a little bit more calories than I would usually have on a meal, it made up for the fact that I didn't really eat 3 meals today.

Game tonight went well, and I was able to skip out right after to avoid Dinosaur, which would have made my headache even worse.

I got to enjoy another day without a fiber drink this morning (I think I go back to them on Monday). I also only had one Spark today. I also slept a lot more last night than I usually do, but I think the complex carbs from the beans and rice might have helped with energy as well.

Tomorrow for breakfast, I am going to incorporate either sweet potatoes and/or quinoa. I'm not sure whether to go sweet or savory with them? I think one day I'll try a "breakfast potatoes" with the sweet potatoes, including some peppers and onions. Then maybe I'll do a quinoa and sweet potato "oatmeal" kind of thing, with berries and nuts maybe. I might, with just quinoa, add a LITTLE BIT of fat-free half and half at the end of the cooking process to make it a little creamy, and add cinnamon to make it oatmealy.




YAY FOR MORE OPTIONS!

Thanks for reading - happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment