Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 14

Two weeks in the books. It seems to have gone so fast, but it seems like I started forever ago. Weird!
 
Meal replacement shake for breakfast this morning sat a little heavy in my stomach. I felt it during my workout as a heavy lunk in my stomach, which hasn't happened the past couple of days. The BEST part of the whole day, however, was my COFFEE! I had one single cup of coffee with a little bit of Agave and some Silk French Vanilla creamer. It tastes like the CoffeeMate French Vanilla creamer, but no dairy, much less sugar, and much fewer calories. It was DELICIOUS! I was a happy, happy girl!

Silk Creamer
 
Lunch consisted of "anemic" scrambled eggs (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites) with chopped peppers, as well as oatmeal. I just love oatmeal these days! I had 1/2 cup oats with the almond milk and water combo, and today I added my usual Agave but also a small handful of raisins. (I am not feeling the craisins this week - I really enjoyed the molassesy flavor the raisins provided!) Thanks to my coworker Tyler for (unknowingly) letting me borrow his big soup mug to make my oatmeal! :)
 
 
Photo
 
 
For dinner, I had lemon peppered salmon with asparagus. I sprayed the bottom of the pan with a tiny spritz of olive oil, placed the salmon skin-side down in the pan, and spritzed a little more olive oil on top, just to help the spices stick. I have a store-bought lemon pepper seasoning that I sprinkled all over the top of the salmon, as well as some salt. I chopped some asparagus and put it in the pan around the salmon, sprinkled with the same spices, and squeezed some fresh lemon juice over the salmon and asparagus. I placed the pan in a cold oven, set the temperature for 400 degrees, and set a timer for 25 minutes. It came out perfectly! While I was waiting the brutal 25 minutes for it to be cooked, I had a salad with tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers with a dressing of lemon juice and olive oil with some black pepper. Simple but yum!
 
I am feeling GREAT and have lots of energy! I have also noticed my general wellbeing and happiness improving as well. YAY!
Happy Week 7 of the quarter! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment