Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 0

The past few days, I have been feeling kind of blah. I can't put my finger on what's going on. My mind is racing in so many directions, and I have my focus spread so thin that I really am not focusing on anything. I have an awful feeling in my gut, the one you get right before or right after you've made a mistake, or something bad happens. It's a terribly uncomfortable feeling. 

I am hoping that my negative feelings are just the result of the stress I am feeling coming back to school. Due to the quarter system at RIT, our first week back after a nice two week break is Week 5 out of our 10-week quarter. Have you ever tried jumping onto a treadmill that is going 15mph? That's how it feels coming back to this. 

I have no reason to be unhappy -- I came home on Saturday to my wonderful, loving boyfriend; I just had a great Christmas and New Year at home with my family; I am keeping myself busy with work and school and soccer. I can't put my finger on what is wrong... I just feel "off," and not like myself. The only thing I have going against me is that I strive to be "perfect" -- I want to eat great, workout often, change my sheets every 2 weeks, cook all my own meals, get As in school, do all my homework, be the best girlfriend I can, etc. I understand that it's impossible to be perfect. I get that. I just always strive to be as close to perfect as possible. Sometimes, there just aren't enough hours in the day for perfection.

I, as many people did, ate a bunch of CRAP over the holidays. I "only" gained 3 pounds (although it took me about twice as long to lose that 3 pounds as it did to gain it back). I am thinking/hoping that the reason for my melancholy state is because I am stressed, and I have been eating a load of junk. 

On that note ... here's to a fresh start for the new year. 

I have never heard of AdvoCare before. I have a friend who graduated from RIT a little while ago who did it months ago, and I played right along with the sale they were trying to do. AdvoCare reminds me a lot of Mary Kay in terms of the "business" aspect... if you "work" for them, you get a discount, and you can make money selling their products to other people. At this point, I am just trying the AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge for the first time. I am skeptical. Not going to lie, I spent a LOT of money getting what I needed and more, and becoming a Distributor just so I could get the 20% discount forever (it meant me spending $80 to become a distributor in order to save $60 right off the bat). Again, I played into the trap, and am just hoping it's worth it. 

My plan is to give you a 100% honest view of my experience with AdvoCare's 24-Day Challenge. That way, if I love it at the end of the 24 days, you can see my journey and become inspired. Or, if I hate it, you can see my journey and decide for yourself to never fall into the expensive trap that I did. 

I am hoping this challenge will change my life, even if it's just temporarily. I am not doing this as a weight-loss tactic - although I am going to enjoy that side effect. What I am hoping to get out of this challenge is a better lifestyle with a fresh, NUTRITIOUS start. I am hoping to increase my energy, and just feel GREAT about myself and my life. I am hoping this will kickstart healthy habits that I employ on an ongoing basis, which will ultimately aid my refereeing career.


Here's to a better version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment